Terms & Conditions
Last updated: August 28, 2017
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the http://www.thelotentshop.com website (the "Service") operated by THE LOT ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
THE CLUB @ THE LOT / MEMBER
All subscriptions to our membership programs are governed by the Terms & Conditions for THE CLUB @ THE LOT.
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by THE LOT.
THE LOT has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that THE LOT shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 15 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
We have a team of associates who are responsible for helping to protect the security of your information. Whether you are shopping on our websites, through our mobile services, or in our venue, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
· Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
· Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
· For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help to protect your information.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We provide you with several ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
· If you have created an account on one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
· Contact us through one of the ways listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if it is reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals, and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make the changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take about the request.
· If you need to access your personal information related to a specified service provided to you by THE LOT, please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
What are Your Choices?
You have choices about the several ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
· We may send you marketing communications. You can tell us your marketing preferences by clicking on the bottom of the communication or email.
· Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. We may also offer additional controls on our use of your mobile location information.
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
· We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside our corporate family of companies for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
· We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of THE LOT?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or THE LOT maintain facilities.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other unusual circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of THE LOT, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
· Protecting the health or safety of customers;
· Addressing crimes committed on THE LOT property;
· Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
· Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
· Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
· Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
If all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
With Your Consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, and we also will not sell or rent your personal information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
· To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
· To register and service your account;
· To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
· To provide guest service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
· To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising;
· To help us improve your experience in our venue and through our websites and mobile services;
· To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
· To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
· To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business. To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our venue, websites, and mobile services.
Information We Receive from You
You share information with us in several ways in our venue and online. For example, you share information when you:
· Make an in-Venue or online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
· Create an account on one of our websites or mobile services;
· Create a mobile shopping list;
· Participate in our programs, such as THE CLUB @ THE LOT;
· Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information (including when required by law, such as hunting and fishing licenses);
· Request customer service or contact us;
· Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services; and
· Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share several types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
· Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
· Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. See “What Are Your Choices?” for more information.
· Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS signal allows us to show you the nearest venues. We may be able to recognize the location of a mobile device In-Venue where we provide customers free WiFi access. Through mobile services, Bluetooth technology in our venue allows us to show you nearby products that may interest you. See “What Are Your Choices? for more information.
· Cameras: We operate cameras In-Venue for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our venue to better serve our customers.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud.